Saturday, April 27, 2013

Hi Y’all

Today I wanted to do a little about me post to link up at Kelly’s Korner for her Show Us Your Life series.  Today’s (well, really yesterday’s…) link up was for girls in our 20s without babies – that’s me! 

I’m Emily, and this is my crazy husband, Austin.  We live and work in Dallas, TX and we have been married for almost two years.   

photobooth

We are in what I like to think of as the “career stage” of life.  We both have pretty demanding jobs (I am a lawyer and Austin is a CPA) and work a lot, but when we are not working, some of our favorite things are:

Being involved in our church – First Baptist Dallas – we love it so much! Come join us if you are ever in Dallas and looking for a church.

Exploring Dallas and being active.  We love the running trails that Dallas has to offer, and we recently started (attempting to play…) playing tennis.  I have a never-ending list of restaurants to try in Dallas, and we are both enjoying all of the fun things that come with living in such a big city.  I am also about to start my provisional year in the Junior League of Dallas, and I’m really looking forward to being involved in such an awesome organization! 

Going to Fighting Texas Aggie football games and being Aggie fans.  We met at Texas A&M in 2006 and we both have a deep love of our alma mater!  

IMG_0769

We also have a wonderful family that we love spending time with whenever we can.  They all live within driving distance of Dallas, so we get to see them a good bit, but not as much as we’d like, of course!  

IMG_1374

My parents and sisters above//Austin’s parents and sisters below.  We are both the oldest of three and both have two sisters who are the same ages as each other.  Our two middle sisters – Melanie & Courtney- are both teachers.  Courtney is getting married next month!  Our two youngest sisters – Mary Katherine & Casey – are finishing up their junior year of high school. 

626198120005_714647806005_1000_0017  626198144005_714657977005_1000_0041

This blog is mainly just about our day to day lives as newlyweds and the funny things Austin does on a daily basis to make me laugh (exhibit A: this post).  My biggest fans of the blog are without a doubt my Mom, my father-in-law Buddy, and my wonderful grandparents.  They always let me know when my posts start getting infrequent! 

I started blogging in 2011 when I was waiting for my Bar Exam results and looking for a job.  During law school I discovered blogs and was hooked – I literally felt like I had discovered some secret world of fascinating people.  I read blogs for several years before taking the plunge to start my own, and these are some that have always been my favorites:

And let’s round this out with a few random facts:

  • Last year we went to A LOT of weddings.  And when I say a lot, I mean upwards of twelve weddings in one year.  I like to call that our year of weddings.  This year the wedding train has slowed down a little bit, although ironically we are going to a wedding tonight.  I am waiting for the baby boom to start any day now!
  • I love topiaries, birds, and nests more than one human should.  I have a topiary in my office and it brings me endless joy.  I also had to tell my friends and family to stop giving me bird-related gifts, because I have gotten to the point where my house is borderline bird-obsessed. 
  • I cannot function or go anywhere without my planner.  I joked to a girlfriend the other day that it is literally my lifeline – other than Jesus!   
  • My favorite way to spend my down-time is making cards.  Paper Source is my happy place, and I love to craft.  My mom and I share this love – she actually sends me a card of the month and has every month since January of 2011!  Each year’s cards have a different theme – 2011 was a year of bird cards (see, told you I love them), and 2012 was hand stitched cards.  I rotate the cards on their little rings every month as a picture calendar by my desk :) 

IMG_1430

And, finally, mainly to appease my grandmothers and Buddy, I am toying with the idea of doing this blogger challenge for the month of May.  Jenni from Story of my Life has put together a list of prompts and is encouraging bloggers to rise to the challenge and blog every day during May.  I think it’ll be fun! 

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner and just wanted to say! I live in Louisiana, but my husband went to A&M as well. Last fall I actually spent my first weekend at A&M for the LSU football game and had a great time! I always link-up like this because it's fun to meet other bloggers near-ish to you with similar backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to "meet" you! I laughed when you wrote about discovering a secret world of fascinating people. I felt the same way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - nice to meet you too! It is hard to remember life before blogs, isn't it? Looking forward to getting to know you through yours!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you enjoy my blog- I look forward to reading yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, this just made my day!

      Delete