Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Pretty Perfect Spring Weekend

Oh, how I love weekends.  This one in particular was fantastic.  Friday night Austin and I walked to dinner and had us a little dinner date.  Some Friday Night Lights was watched when we got home, and goodness I didn’t realize how much I had missed Tammy Taylor.  It had been ages since we’d watched an episode!  But, the obsession continues. 

Saturday morning my friend Cam and I ran on the Katy Trail and then did an awesome yoga class in the Arts District.  Apparently various yoga studios offer free classes there on most Saturday mornings.  The weather was absolutely perfect, and I can’t wait to do it again. 

Austin and I ran a few quick errands together on Saturday, and we ended our errands with some delish fro-yo.  It was warm and sunny outside, and fro-yo and fruit just sounded so tasty.

photo (69)

Saturday night we made a trip to McKinney to go to one of my coworker’s wedding.  It was beautiful, and my love for McKinney is well documented on this blog, so I was thrilled to be up in that part of the metroplex.

photo (67)     photo (68) 

On Sunday we had a big day at church with the opening of our newly renovated floor for singles and young marrieds.  Our class had so. much. food. (breakfast tacos, pancakes, crazy doughnuts, sausage balls…and even more!) and we played games and had a ton of fun.  That afternoon we went and picked up Austin’s youngest sister, Casey, from Six Flags and spent the rest of the day hanging out with her.  We loved having her in the Big D! 

We went to Klyde Warren and walked around, walked through the art museum, showed her the pretty fountain at our new church, and played cards (Casey and I won all the games we played, for the record – Austin didn’t win any Winking smile).  We took her to Eatzi’s for dinner on the patio there and had a fabulous day with her!  

Tomorrow starts my May challenge, and I’m excited but also nervous about making a blog post happen every single day. Surely I can do it for a month, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment