Thursday, February 21, 2013

End of the Week Bullets

  • Easter is so early this year, and I have GOT to go shopping for a dress.  This is obviously an epic first world problem, but it’s on my mind.  Getting a new dress for Easter Sunday is one of my favorite springtime rituals.  I have an unnatural fear of someone else showing up at church with my same dress (because that’s what Easter is about, Emily) so I’m kind of obsessed with finding a dress that I don’t think anyone else will have.  Perhaps my priorities could use a little shifting…
  • Have I mentioned that one of my New Year’s resolutions was to keep my nails painted?  Probably so… I’m pretty happy with myself that I’ve managed to basically stick to my goal almost two full months into the year.  The downside to this goal is that I constantly want new nail polish.. and at $8 a pop, those cute little bottles of Essie can start to add up.  Clearly I am going to NEED some new colors for spring… 
  • Austin’s Valentine poem in my card still makes me laugh just thinking about it.  The fact that the nasty cats that live near our garage got a shout out is hilarious and disgusting at the same time.  If I didn’t think he’d divorce me for doing so, I’d snap a picture of the poem and post it on here.  Probably best that I don’t for the sake of my marriage.   
  • Ohhhh let’s get back to the subject of these cats.  Let me preface this by saying that I hate cats.  Sorry I’m not sorry.  Cats are sneaky and gross and nothing will ever change my mind on that.  The lady in our building who is literally building a cat sanctuary in her stairwell clearly feels differently about cats than I do, and I’m debating a call to animal control.  Actually, I called over the weekend, but of course they were closed for 4 days for President’s Day.  Of course.
  • One last bit about the cats.  They love my car.  Literally they are under/on top of it every morning when I walk out to the garage.  My solution?  Set off my car alarm before unlocking my car and watch them scatter.  I wish I was kidding. 
  • I stayed up the other night organizing my Pinterest boards and probably got unnaturally excited about doing so.  How is it that one little act of organizing can have such a giant impact on my mood? 
  • My mom is planning two really cute showers right now that will be happening in March.  Sometimes I really wish we lived closer so I could help with the planning and decorating instead of just chatting about it on the phone!  I have already instructed her to take pictures for the blog.  #bloggablemoment

Well, that was a whole lot of random and way more than I ever thought I would write about cats on my blog! Hope y’all have a great end to your week.  I’ll try to come up with something a little more entertaining and pretty to blog about over the weekend.  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment