Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Catching Up + Party Pics

Well hello there!  After an unplanned little break due to being sick as a dog this weekend/earlier this week, I’m back to share a little bit about our fun Valentine’s Party this weekend. 

I’ve said it so many times, but we are so very blessed by our church family, and we’re so thankful that we found First Baptist Dallas.  Our Sunday School class celebrated Valentine’s Day on Saturday night with a party at our teachers’ house.  I made some tiny heart cookies inspired by some I saw on Pinterest

IMG_1528

IMG_1535

IMG_1534  IMG_1533

We had TONS of good appetizers and desserts, just like any good Southern Baptist get-together should.  And, the decorations that Brooke and I made last weekend turned out pretty cute.   

IMG_1545

IMG_1547

For most of the party, the guys were playing ping pong and pinball and the girls were snacking and visiting.  We did all come back together to play the newlywed game.  The competitor in me was furious that Austin and I did SO BAD in the game, but it was a fun time… if you can call losing “fun.”  The winners, Dave & Tiffany, got to take home the love fern as a prize!  And everyone got to take home a cute little favor jar for date night ideas.  These were Brooke’s idea – I take no credit!

IMG_1542

IMG_1559

IMG_1556

IMG_1557

Other than the party this past weekend, I have been doing a whole lot of nothing trying to get over this annoying sickness.  I think I am finally on the mend thanks to some good advice from my nurse BFF Katey. 

Hope you are all having a fabulous week.

No comments:

Post a Comment