Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Celebrating New Year’s Eve and Day

Last night I came home from work to the best New Year’s Eve celebration I can remember.  Austin had very thoughtfully put together quite the spread for us to enjoy as we ushered in 2013.  It was such a fun surprise to walk in the door to a dressed up husband and all my favorite foods.  I absolutely loved it, and it was a perfect ending to a pretty great 2012.    

IMG_1408

IMG_1410

I dozed off somewhere between the NYE programming on TV and Clemson winning the Chick-fil-a bowl.  Austin did wake me up from my nest on the couch in time to officially welcome 2013.  I was perfectly content to be at home with my favorite person and not running the roads with the crazies! 

New Year’s Day was such a nice mid-week break, and we were thrilled to have our friends the McDonalds over for lunch.  We had a massive cheese tray for an appetizer, (thanks to leftovers from our NYE celebration the night before) along with peas, cornbread, greens, and ham.  Usually my family does cabbage on New Year’s Day, but I haven’t mastered cooking the cabbage quite like my parents do, so I went with turnip greens this year.  Hopefully we will still be wealthy… isn’t that what the greens/cabbage are for?

IMG_1418 

IMG_1417

I had fun setting the table with my holiday plates, new blue napkins, and some cute place cards I discovered in my cabinet that I’ve never used!  The place cards are darling little ceramic stands that you write on with a dry erase marker.  I had way too much fun doodling on them this morning. 

IMG_1414

Here’s what I hope to keep at the forefront of my mind in 2013 and what I pray that everyone reading this knows:

“More than anything in your life, focus on your relationship with God.  Have conversations with Him about everything that you go through in life – every situation, every relationship, every feeling.  Ask Him for His guidance and listen to what He says.  He wants to walk through every bit of your life with you – He wants to be your friend.  That’s an amazingly true thought – the infinite, all-knowing God of everything wants to be your friend.”

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your husband sure is a sweetheart! Your meal and your table (and your stovetop) all look just beautiful! I also love your quote!

    LAS

    ReplyDelete