Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Quick Sunday Afternoon Project

I don’t even know that I am justified in calling this a project.  But, since it has been on my to-do list for almost a year, I am feeling pretty accomplished.  If you’ve been reading this blog for any amount of time, you might have picked up on the fact that my mom sends me a card each month.  Each year of cards has a theme.  2011 was the first year of cards, and the theme was birds.  I’ve featured those cards on the blog before here (the pictures in that post make me really thankful for the camera I have now!).  In 2012, the cards all had some sort of hand stitched element.  Getting my monthly card in the mail is always a day I look forward to each month! 

Ever since the 2011 year of bird cards concluded, I have been struggling to figure out what to do with the cards.  They sat in a box in my closet for more time than I’d like to admit, and I finally decided on a good solution – for now.  One day I might frame them somehow – I think they could be cute in a nursery, maybe?  For the time being, I am thrilled with my quick, Sunday afternoon fix. 

IMG_1427

I simply punched a hole in the top left corner of each card, and used a binder ring to hold them together.  This way, I can flip through the cards as the year goes on – almost like a calendar without days or numbers… A calendar of pictures only!  They are hanging right to the left of my desk where I sit to blog, check email, make lists, and all kinds of other fun stuff.  

IMG_1430

This was such a simple and quick little fix, but it feels SO GOOD to cross the line item of “bird card project” off my to-do list.

Just for good measure and because I was on a bit of a roll, I grabbed a few other cards that I love and hung them on the inside door of my closet.  Cards bring me a whole lot of enjoyment.  Now I can enjoy them as happy little reminders sprinkled throughout the places I spend time on a daily basis. 

IMG_1434

The spirit of starting a new year and getting things done is contagious, and I have been pretty productive with little things like this around the house so far this January.  I hope the motivation sticks around for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment