Monday, December 10, 2012

Mom & Dad in the Big D

My parents were in town this weekend, and we had a wonderful time getting to spend part of our Saturday and Sunday with them.  They brought us that table you see in the below picture, and we could not be more excited about it!  My parents have had that table at our house for most of my life, and since they recently got a new kitchen table, this one came to Dallas to live with us!  We have lots of special memories around that table, and Austin and I are excited to create more. 

They came over on Saturday morning and I gave my mom her birthday present (only a month and a half late…).

 IMG_1135

IMG_1133

   IMG_1021  IMG_1022

I had fun one Saturday back in October doodling her card, and I was happy she finally got to open it!  I also sent her home with a card and present for my sister Mary Katherine.  Her present is less than a month late, so it is practically on time!  Her birthday was in November Smile

IMG_1013

IMG_1015

The four of us went to breakfast at Garden Café in East Dallas.  Austin and I had been there once before and really enjoyed it. 

IMG_1136

The cutest part is the garden behind the restaurant, and on Saturday we discovered they also have a chicken coop back there!  Check out this little guy…

IMG_1137

IMG_1139

IMG_1140

We all four did a little Christmas shopping together, and my mom and I got to go to Paper Source together, so that was definitely a highlight!  We had our Sunday School Christmas party on Saturday night, so we went our separate ways that afternoon, but they came to church with us on Sunday morning.  It was wonderful to have them here this weekend, and we are looking forward to seeing them and the rest of my family very soon for Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment