Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012


We spent our Thanksgiving with my wonderful in-laws in Austin this year.  Austin’s cousin Nina took some family portraits on Friday – I can’t wait to see how they turned out!  Her website is http://www.tankgoodnessphoto.com, and she and her husband Travis are AMAZING photographers.

We had a great time in Austin, tons of food, and all around it was just a wonderful holiday.  We also got to celebrate Courtney & Tyler’s engagement, and it was fun to talk about their upcoming wedding! 
IMG_1036
 IMG_1041  IMG_1043
My contribution to our feast was corn casserole, these two pies, and cranberry relish.  Everything got eaten, so I’ll take that as a good sign.  Austin even had the brilliant idea to heat the pecan pie up a little bit and top it with Bluebell vanilla ice cream… TDF!
IMG_1047
Nina and Travis (the photographers) have a PRECIOUS daughter, Ameila.  She was so fun to play with all day on Thanksgiving.  Austin and I both tried to entertain her as best as we could, but she was pretty much just obsessed with going up and down the stairs allll day. 
        IMG_1038  IMG_1040
IMG_1046
After our huge meal, we all went to a park in the neighborhood and played whiffle ball and freeze tag. I really wish I had some pictures of that!  My team beat Austin’s team, so it was a good time.Smile
On Friday, my father in law Buddy challenged me to a chili cook-off, and we had fun trash talking in the kitchen most of the afternoon.  I can be just a little bit competitive, so I was pretty pleased with myself for "winning" our little competition. 
IMG_1050
IMG_1051
Hope everyone had a fun and relaxing Thanksgiving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment