Sunday, October 28, 2012

Weekend Bits

Finally, a weekend in Dallas!  As happy as I am for the #16 Aggies, I was pretty fired up to avoid another weekend of travel and not be attending the game this weekend.  It is amazing how much I’ve come to appreciate a weekend at home.   

Pumpkin oats have been enjoyed both weekend mornings…

photo (15)

I made it to Ikea on Saturday morning and followed that up with a detour through what has to be the world’s largest strip center.  Seriously I got lost in all of the malls/strip centers congregated together in Frisco!  The highlight of Saturday was lunch with my Grandmother and her friend, Ida Jean.  We loved getting to visit with them and catch up on life!

photo (14)

Me & GJ – can you tell we are related?

image

The Super Target in the maze of strip malls had some really good things.  I walked away with leopard pants, an emerald green blouse, and a pair of earrings.  Lately I have become completely obsessed with earrings.  Earlier this week I broke down and bought the white Kendra Scott Danielle earrings I have been eyeing for quite some time.  If you look hard enough, you can spot them in the above picture with my GJ.  

Contrast my recent purchases with one of Austin’s… I present to you what I can only refer to as a hunting purse:

image

And yes, it is loaded up and ready to go.  We also have SEVERAL other items of hunting paraphernalia scattered around the apartment just waiting to be debuted when duck season opens on November 3 (why do I even know that?!).  The joys of marriage!

Hope you have all had fantastic weekends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment