Monday, October 1, 2012

Our Weekend: Driving, Football, & Rain

It seems like we spent the majority of our weekend in the car or in a football stadium, but it was oh so worth it.  We had a great visit with my family and got to see the Aggies BTHO (literally) Arkansas.

Friday night we made it home in time to watched my sister cheer at her high school football game.  Then Saturday morning we were up early to head to College Station for the A&M game.  The weather left a lot to be desired, but we had a good time and were so happy to beat Arkansas this year and get our first SEC win! 

s

We tried to at least support the Ags with our hats – just ignore that our jackets are green!  When we got back to my parents’ house Saturday night, my mom had a birthday feast waiting for Austin.  He requested shrimp and grits, and it was delicious as usual!

IMG_0865

And of course, birthday cake followed.  We somehow made room for carrot cake, and Austin and I somehow ended up with the leftover carrot cake in our fridge here in Dallas.  It will be going to work with Austin tomorrow, thank goodness.  Otherwise I would spend most of the week in a carrot cake coma. 

IMG_0869

IMG_0873

Oh, but I almost forgot that all of us did not partake in the carrot cake.  My dad decided to have this:

IMG_0874

He then declared that it was basically a fruit salad.  The rest of us (carrot cake eaters) decided our dessert was clearly the most healthy since it had vegetables in it!

Saturday night meant more football watching for my dad & Austin which lead to me and Mom inevitably falling asleep on the couch.  It was such a relaxing night!

We braved the rain again on Sunday morning and enjoyed getting to go to church in Livingston. 

            IMG_0877   IMG_0879

After that, we enjoyed another perfect meal of roast, rice and gravy, squash casserole, and green beans.  That meal will always be my number one favorite thing to eat for Sunday lunch.  Yum.

IMG_0895

Another slice of carrot cake may have rounded out Sunday lunch…  Austin took a quick nap, and then we were back on the road!  I never feel like our visits are long enough, but it was so wonderful to be at home this weekend.  Our apartment was in need of a major cleaning, so we powered through and did that last night when we got home.  It was so nice to wake up to a clean apartment this morning to start the week. 

The nice cooler weather we are having is putting a little pep in my step this morning, and I’m excited to wear something semi-fallish to work today.  Happy Monday everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment