Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Catching Up After the Weekend

As much as I love football season, the weekends full of traveling don’t leave much time for regular weekend catching up on much of anything.  I am still recovering from our whirlwind trip to Shreveport this past weekend, so please forgive me for my unintended five day absence from blogging!

Rewinding all the way back to Friday night, we went to a movie night at church and saw October Baby.  I highly recommend it – great movie.

Saturday morning was spent packing and getting ready for our trip to Louisiana.  We picked up our wonderful friends Jaime and Emily and headed to lunch in Dallas before hitting the road.  After some tasty food at Garden Café, we hit the road.  This restaurant was a great little find.  I can’t wait to go back and sit on the back porch in the actual garden they have!

 IMG_0941   IMG_0938

Once we made it to Shreveport, we immediately made a quick stop at Bass Pro (Austin’s version of heaven) before meeting my parents for an early bird special supper.  I was probably a little too worried that it would be hard to get a table at a restaurant due to the game.  A friend of my parents recommended a place in Shreveport, and I called to make us a reservation at 5:00 and was thankful we got a table!  Not to worry, we were the only people in the restaurant when we showed up and for a good 45 minutes after that… Thank goodness we had that reservation, haha!

   IMG_0943  IMG_0944

Then we were off to a MARATHON of a football game.  As in, the first five hour football game of my life.  So epic and crazy and tiring!  I am officially NOT a fan of the 8:00 kick off.  That crazy game did not end until basically 1:00am.  That is about four hours after my preferred bed time.  Combine that with the heart attack that the Ags gave me in the fourth quarter, and it was just a stressful night.

IMG_0946

IMG_0947

IMG_0951

IMG_0948

Even though the majority of my family sitting on the other side of the stadium was not quite as happy with the outcome of the game, it was great to see my family and to see another Aggie victory!  Now we are gearing up for LSU this weekend.

Hope y’all are having a great week so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment