Monday, September 24, 2012

1st Weekend of Fall

Despite the fact that Austin and I were both feeling a little under the weather this weekend, we ushered in fall with chili, football (gig ‘em Ags!!), cold meds, and a quick trip to the farmers market for pumpkins.  And since fall in Texas doesn’t necessarily mean cooler temperatures, I pulled out another recent Target find for church yesterday.

s

IMG_0836

This dress is great for fall in Texas – tweed with “leather” accents, but sleeveless so it can be worn in the 90 degree September and October temperatures.  I also think it will be cute with a turtleneck, tights, and boots once the weather does get a little cooler.

My nails got their first fall coat of “Chinchilly” on Saturday night… I am still adjusting to something outside of the neutral or pink family, but I think I like it. 

photo (10)

Right now I’m sipping on a large mug of hot tea and hoping that I have enough of a voice to make it through my six hearings this morning.  The bright side of getting sick this weekend means that surely I will be over it next weekend when we go visit my family.  Counting the days until Friday! 

2 comments:

  1. I bought this dress also! It looks so cute with a white oxford, black tights, and black booties :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that sounds cute! I will have to try that look as well.

      Delete