Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Neighbor Bread

A new next door neighbor moved in fairly recently, and this weekend I made a “welcome to the building” loaf of bread for her.  It was a little later than I probably would have preferred, but hopefully it is one of those times where “better late than never” applies!

Saturday morning before some of the wedding festivities we had going on that day began, I made a loaf of this delicious blueberry banana greek yogurt bread.  Luckily, there was enough left over for a mini loaf that Austin and I split for breakfast.  Saturday morning baking is a good thing. 

IMG_0747

IMG_0745

I have made this bread before, and I absolutely love it.  It is a wonderful alternative to traditional banana bread, and the blueberries give it a little bit of a “summery” touch. 

After I gave this loaf away, I was still in a baking mood, and made a version of this zucchini oat raisin bread for us for this week.  These breads have been great for cleaning out my fruit bowl and veggie drawer – the banana bread used up two of my over-ripe bananas, and last weekend’s zucchini from the farmer’s market went in loaf number two of the weekend!

Any other good bread recipes I should try?  

1 comment:

  1. Send those recipes my way!!!! Your packaging is just precious!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete