Monday, August 13, 2012

Buddy’s Birthday Weekend

After we {barely} won our softball game Friday night, we came home and packed for a weekend in Austin to celebrate my father-in-law’s birthday.  We hit the road bright and early Saturday morning and had a pretty sunrise to watch on our drive. 

We went to a jam-packed antique mall and I came close to walking out with a fur coat, multiple vintage globes on stands, and a really cool looking blue and green fan.  But, I powered through and managed not to make a purchase.  Now that I know about that little gem though, we will have to pay it a visit once we enter the world of home-ownership.

Most of the afternoon was spent in the back yard laying out and swimming until it was time for the main event.  Buddy’s birthday request was that we all did a segway tour of downtown Austin on Saturday night, so we all showered up and made the trip downtown in our wheels for the weekend – a 15 passenger van.  I am sure we were quite the sight!  Oh and I have to mention that I forgot to pack anything segway appropriate, so thank you Casey for braiding my hair and letting me borrow some clothes… and shoes… and earrings!  

IMG_0661

Casey & Kevin/Courtney & Tyler

IMG_0662

IMG_0664

I spy a creeper’s eyeball.

                         IMG_0670    IMG_0667

There were a few arm wrestling matches to kill time…

IMG_0668

IMG_0669

IMG_0672

IMG_0674   IMG_0676

                        IMG_0673    IMG_0679

IMG_0677

IMG_0681

We segway’d all around the Capitol, by the Driskill Hotel, and really just all over downtown Austin.  Despite a few run-ins with some downtown crazies, including a man wearing a bat hat, we had so much fun zipping around.   

IMG_0682  IMG_0684

IMG_0685

The night ended with birthday cake baked by Casey!  Happy birthday, Buddy!! 

    IMG_0686   IMG_0687

IMG_0688

No comments:

Post a Comment