Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Best BLT

After a quick trip to the Farmer’s Market, my lunch on Saturday was summer on a plate.  Here is what I used for my new favorite summer staple:

  • Nine Grain Bread from Great Harvest
  • Tomatoes from Dallas Farmer’s Market
  • Baby Spinach
  • Peppered Bacon – baked in the oven
  • Avocado {so maybe this should be called a BLAT?}
  • Mustard
  • Basil Mayo

IMG_0608

I don’t know if this sandwich tasted so good because we had been outside playing tennis and sweating up a storm that morning or if I had just built up how good a BLT would taste on one of the hottest days yet, but it sure did hit the spot.  So much so that I had a repeat for supper on Sunday night. 

IMG_0612

IMG_0610

2 comments:

  1. Basil mayo? Did you make it? How did you get the writing on the picture? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just mixed some of my basil with some mayo - I liked the basil with it a lot.

      Delete