Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Saturday: Walking, Breakfast & a Trip North

Saturday morning I was bound and determined to take my visitors to two of my favorite Dallas spots: the Katy Trail and Company Café.  If you have read this blog at all before, you probably know that one of my favorite ways to spend a morning includes a walk/run on the trail followed by breakfast at Company Café.  Mom and Mary K loved it too, and our Saturday was off to a great start.

IMG_0539

IMG_0540

I get the same thing every time I come here, and I don’t know that I will ever tire of this meal!  It does not make for very exciting blog content, but it most certainly made for a great Saturday breakfast. 

After we freshened up and got ready for our day, we headed north to McKinney.  Before I get too ahead of myself, how cute does my sister look?  Don’t worry, I took some pics of all the details in her outfit to post later this week.  Such a fashionista!

IMG_0543

Downtown McKinney was absolutely precious!  There were several cute clothing boutiques, and I found one of the best home décor stores ever.  Austin is probably not going to be thrilled about this discovery, but I know where I will be shopping to furnish a house when we purchase one! If any Dallas girls are interested, it is called Home & Garden Trading Company.  Here is a link to their Facebook page, and below are some quick pics of some of my favorite pieces I spotted. 

          IMG_0550      IMG_0553  

Beautiful stained glass window – I would love to have something like this in our next home.  I also loved the look of this armoire.   Below is another pretty piece that I think could go a lot of different places in a house.  And finally, that gorgeous chair. Loved it so much!

    IMG_0552     IMG_0555

These little nesting tables were really cute, and y’all know I love me some topiaries. 

       IMG_0554   IMG_0556 

I thought this table was beautiful, but maybe with different chairs?  And definitely without whatever those creatures are on top!

IMG_0551

My parents actually lived in Allen, and my mom taught in McKinney when I was a baby.  Mom was amazed at how much it has changed.  It was such a cute town and definitely worth the quick trip. 

IMG_0557

No comments:

Post a Comment