Monday, July 16, 2012

Friday with my Family

Once my mom and MK left to head home Sunday afternoon, I sat down at my computer to look at my pictures from our wonderful weekend.  There are far too many for one blog post, so I am going to back things up and start on Friday night.

I was so excited to come home from work and have them waiting for me!  We said our hellos, unloaded their car, and I was thrilled to find out they came bearing gifts.  My mom brought me (I should say us - Austin will be super excited about two of these items.) some homemade pepper relish for purple hull peas, some mayhaw jelly, and a pretty print with one of my favorite verses on it. 

IMG_0595

I haven’t decided where I am going to put this little guy, but I sure do love it!  Thank you for these two beautiful jars of goodness, Mom.  One of my life goals is to learn how to can/preserve.  I’m glad I know just the person to teach me…

          IMG_0541   IMG_0542

We then turned our attention to supper and enjoyed some delightful veggies fresh from the farmer’s market. 

Roasted balsamic green beans and mushrooms, roasted okra, and new potatoes.  Yum!  This is my idea of the perfect summer supper. 

IMG_0538

Green beans: recipe from Pinterest that has quickly become a staple in my kitchen

Okra: roasted in the oven w/EVOO, salt, pepper, & Tony’s {So good!  I had never tried this before, and I think I am obsessed.}

New potatoes & cream sauce: my mom’s delish “recipe” that I am still trying to replicate exactly.  {Thank goodness she was here to fix them!}

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cute just like you! I love it. Also, I read like every single blog on your list. How did I not know about yours? I miss you friend. Hope Dallas is treating you right :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend! We clearly have good taste in blogs. I enjoyed perusing your posts last night as well.

      Delete