Sunday, June 10, 2012

Weekend Fun + Guacamole Recipe

This weekend has been wonderfully relaxing.  It has most definitely lived up to the high expectations I set on Friday afternoon.  The perfectly sweet watermelon enjoyed by the pool on Saturday helped.  The guacamole and blue corn chips were another key factor, and the grilled burger on Saturday night after a day at the pool was the perfect finishing touch to a day of great food and fun.  Now that I think about it, we packed a lot of what I think of as “summer food” into one day yesterday.  

                watermelon  avocado

IMG_0473

I kind of make up my guac recipe as I go every time I make it, but here’s what I did yesterday in case any of you are headed to a pool soon!  P.S. the seeds are in there because I saw somewhere that it helps the guac not to turn brown so quickly. 

7 ripe avocados, rough chop 

juice of one large lemon

1 vine-ripened tomato, diced

lots of salt

a little bit of pepper

a little bit of garlic salt

fresh cilantro, chopped

I just put everything in a bowl, mash up some of the avocado chunks with a fork, and season to taste.  This is really tasty with blue corn chips. Austin and some of our friends put some of the leftover guac on their burgers last night and said that was pretty good too! 

I would have taken a picture of our burgers (they were so good!), but I inhaled mine too quickly.  There’s just nothing like a good grilled burger (aka GGB). Smile Right Mom and Em?

Today we FINALLY got to go to church and Sunday school after a long 4 weeks of being out of town.  We missed it so much!  Our Sunday school class went to lunch at Fadi’s after church – so good!  Shout out to our friends Jaime and Emily for the recommendation!  If you live in Dallas and like Mediterranean food, you must go here.  I have been raving to Austin about how good it was all afternoon. 

I just finished a delightful nap and we are getting ready to watch Food Network Star – do any of y’all watch that show?  My family has been obsessed for years! 

My favorite contestant ever – Lisa Garza - has a restaurant here in Dallas, but I have yet to pay Sissy’s a visit.  Definitely on my “to do in Dallas” list.

Hope y’all had a lovely weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try that guac soon. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete