Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Weekend at Home

While Austin was at a bachelor party playing with guns and firecrackers this weekend, I headed down to east Texas to visit my family.  My youngest sister, Mary Katherine, went to her first prom this weekend and had a piano recital on Sunday.  I am so glad I got to be there with her for her eventful weekend.  We had so much fun Saturday primping and getting her ready to go! 

             IMG_0356  IMG_0357  IMG_0372

            IMG_0362   IMG_0361

After living in Dallas for a year, I appreciated the quiet mornings on the porch at home more than ever!  It felt so good to relax all weekend at the place that will always feel like home to me.  I spotted this little guy on Saturday morning.  Isn’t he pretty?

IMG_0355 IMG_0354 IMG_0353

Sunday the rest of my family (my other sister and some of my grandparents) joined us for a delicious Sunday lunch and MK’s piano recital.  We enjoyed our roast, rice & gravy, squash casserole, green beans, rolls, and angel food cake before heading {back} to church for the recital.  Yum! 

MK was the “grand finale” at the recital and played so beautifully!  She amazes me with her piano skills and her dedication to practicing and perfecting all of the songs that she learns.  We snapped a few family pics outside and then I hit the road. 

IMG_0381

IMG_0384

IMG_0382

IMG_0383

Now Austin and I are counting down the days until our anniversary trip to Fredericksburg this weekend. Can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment