Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Katey’s Wedding Weekend

My oldest friend in the world got married last weekend in our hometown of Ruston, LA.  I am so very happy for Katey and Casey as they start their new {married} life together!  Their wedding weekend was a fun one, and getting to see my family was an added bonus. 

I headed to Ruston bright and early with Dallas friends and co-bridesmaids for the bridal luncheon.  The luncheon at Squire Creek was beautiful and the food was delicious.  I loved getting to catch up with some of my lifelong friends and seeing Katey so happy and excited!

These three girls are so special to me.  We all went to Kindergarten and elementary school together, and it is hard to believe that now we are all married! 

IMG_0232 

IMG_0231    IMG_0234

Mammo and Pop picked me up after the luncheon and we met up with my sister Mel and got to visit for a little while.  Love them! 

IMG_0242

IMG_0237    IMG_0239   IMG_0240

Mel and I ran some errands and had fun catching up over pedicures and frozen yogurt.  I have to say, I enjoyed these Friday afternoon activities much more than working! 

Mel and I also engaged in her favorite pastime – a nap – before she helped me get ready for the rehearsal dinner.  I think I only took one picture at the rehearsal dinner, and despite how it looks, I promise I wasn’t terrified!?

IMG_0248

Saturday morning I enjoyed relaxing with my family and taking these pretty pics of my sister before heading to our hair appointment mid-morning. 

          IMG_0255       IMG_0256

We then made our way to the church where Anna’s mom had just about outdone herself with the cute decorations in the bride’s room.  We each had a little station with a chair and mirror as well as a bud vase of our own special flower.  The bouquet that Katey tossed at the reception was made up of all of the flowers at the 11 bridesmaids’ stations.  Isn’t that such a fun idea?

     IMG_0257      IMG_0259

       IMG_0262      IMG_0260

Then, we all started the getting dressed and putting on makeup process so we could go pose for pictures!

                         IMG_0263        IMG_0264  

IMG_0265

IMG_0268

IMG_0272

IMG_0273

And now they are married!  Austin and I are looking forward to some supper club fun very soon.

     IMG_0276    IMG_0279

1 comment: