Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thursday Things

I missed doing my WILW post yesterday, but to make up for it, here are two things I am loving today (Things I’m Loving Thursday?):

I stocked up on prayer journals at Target today.  Love these pretty floral notebooks.  Nothing like a pretty journal to get the prayers flowing – am I right?  Just kidding! 

IMG_0143 (2)

This little pretty that has gone to work with me twice so far this week!  LOVE my new pretty Chanel bag from my wonderful in-laws.  They brought me this gorgeous purse all the way from New York City.  Love them!

IMG_0144 (2)

And, sadly, one thing that I am not loving.  I killed this precious plant.  I don’t know what happened, but I lost her.  Not for lack of trying to keep her alive though.  I put this thing outside to get extra sunshine every day for two darn weeks.  I even made her a cute little sign that said “please don’t take me, I’m just trying to get a little extra sunshine” with a picture of a sun on it. 

IMG_0144

I may have even shed a tear when I had to finally give it up and throw my once-lovely plant away.  How crazy do I sound right now?!  What a loon.  But really, I loved this plant so much!  It is making me sad looking at how pretty and leaf-y it used to be!

Mel, just for you – her is my best effort to duplicate my sign on Paint for you (it was on a hot pink post-it):

postit

How pitiful?  I am kind of embarrassed. 

I think my apartment is bad for plants – it doesn’t get much light at all.  The only thing I have managed to keep alive here is boring old ivy.  Non-negotiable factor that next residence must have: sunlight + ability to grow pretty flowers, plants and herbs! 

Last but most certainly not least, I am loving that Easter is this weekend.  Easter is my absolute number one favorite holiday.  I will have to dedicate a blog post tomorrow or Saturday to all the things that make Easter the best.  This will be my first Easter not at home with my family, but Austin and I are excited to be here in Dallas for Easter Sunday at our church.  We are having my BFF Katey and her fiance over for lunch after church, and I have had fun planning the menu and table setting for that this week!  Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment