Saturday, April 7, 2012

He’s Alive

Things I love about Easter: pretty bright spring colors, birds, eggs, nests, bunnies, hash brown casserole, Easter dresses, getting to finally wear nude shoes, getting to carry my favorite summer Kate Spade purse, the over-the-top church service, egg hunts, and my family’s Easter traditions…

Things that really MATTER about Easter: He lives! 

I am going to venture to say that Easter is the most important holiday that I, as a Christian, celebrate.  It even tops Christmas in my book.  Easter is a celebration of the greatest miracle and the most generous gift ever given. 

I am so thankful for the peace that comes from knowing that I am His – I get to spend eternity with Him in heaven, and I am saved by His grace.  I am so thankful for His willingness to endure such awful torture and pain on the cross so that I can have forgiveness that I could never deserve.  My salvation is secure, my home for eternity is waiting for me, and I am so loved and so thankful. 

I hope each of you has this peace in your heart as well.  He loves us all so very much.  Easter is the day we get to joyfully celebrate that He lives despite the pain and suffering of the crucifixion that he willingly endured because He loves us. 

“For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.”  John 3:17

“I am the resurrection and the life.  He who believes in me will live even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.”  John 11:25-26

“…He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.”  Hebrews 7:27

“ I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death…” Philippians 3:10

“Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.”  Hebrews 12:2-3

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment