Monday, April 2, 2012

Baby Shower for Cass

We celebrated the first baby of our Sunday School class yesterday at a fun baby shower for Cassandra and Miss Evie. 

I helped host with Faith, Rebecca, and Sarah.  I loved how everything turned out. 

IMG_0133

IMG_0118

         IMG_0120     IMG_0121

Thanks to Pinterest, we had strawberry pretzel salad and make-your-own individual fruit pizzas.  We also had two cheese balls, tea, and punch.  We didn’t go too heavy on the food since the shower was at two o’clock and we figured most people would have just finished lunch.  Although, the fact that I ate lunch before the shower did not stop me from sampling a little bit of everything :)  I love shower food! 

Sarah made some adorable cloth diapers with ribbon and letters that spelled out the new baby’s name. 

IMG_0122

We had an area set up to make bows for baby Evie.  This was definitely a hit!  Our Sunday School teacher Donna showed us all up with her bow-making skills.  I am pretty sure I will never have a little girl to make bows for, but if and when that time comes, I am going to need serious lessons.  (I say that because I am convinced God is only going to give me little Austins.) I remember my mom making all of my bows when I was little… Mother, I need some tutorials!

        IMG_0124    IMG_0125

                IMG_0129   IMG_0131

IMG_0130

Jessica made baby Evie the CUTEST bib along with several other embroidered things.  She has a fabulous machine that does monogramming – I was obsessed!

We are all so excited to meet this little girl in just a few short weeks, and we had a wonderful time celebrating Sunday afternoon! 

2 comments:

  1. You're going to LOVE today's post at Cupcakes and Cashmere. Every time I see a nest now I think of your love for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Those cupcakes were presh. My sister Melanie actually made some like that for a baby shower a couple of years ago and I almost died over the cuteness!

      Delete