Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday Tidbits

  • Look at the fun stamps I ordered from Paper Source today with some of my birthday money!  I am dying for them to get here and dying over the cuteness!  I predict a fun day of card-making goodness ahead.  Hurry up and get here my cute little rubber friends.  {Thank you Mammo & Pop!}

flower stamps     rubber stampsrubber stamps

  • I have been working full time for a little over a month.  It is driving me crazy that I still don’t have a set routine for my mornings and evenings.  I know I could be using my time more efficiently, but I just haven’t figured out exactly how to fit everything in yet.
  • Austin and I watched Duck Dynasty on A&E last night.  OMG – new favorite show.  I am not even kidding.  These are my people.  Well, that might be a stretch, but I got way way way too excited about seeing good old north Louisiana on TV.  They had some of the best quotes ever.  And they all know that what you put your drinks in to keep them cold is called an ICE CHEST not a cooler.  Thankyouverymuch.  They probably also call a huggie a “huggie” and not a “koozie.”  Amen.  I laughed so hard. 

  • I am constantly amazed at how many people do not know when and when not to use an apostrophe.  Plural and possessive are NOT THE SAME THING.  Mr. and Mrs. Smith = the Smiths.  The only time one would need an apostrophe is if you were to say: “We are going to the Smith’s house.”  Not: “Let’s call the Smiths and see if they want to go to the baseball game with us” or “The Smiths are coming over.”  Sorry for the rant!  The grammar police in me flares up every now and then. 
  • I just got my new Southern Living in the mail today, and I’m off to enjoy it on my couch.  Hope y’all have had a great Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. you probably hate reading my posts then because I am a grammer offender like no other and I love it. (I mean grammar hahah)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha - no, I didn't have you in mind at all :) Lord knows I make plenty of grammar mistakes, I just let certain ones that other people make annoy me!

      Delete
  2. Love the new stamps. After reading Cupcakes and Cashmere yesterday I want to buy some for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mam! Oh gosh, I know - I saw that post too. It totally lit my fire to make some cute cards.

      Delete