Sunday, March 25, 2012

Our Weekend

IMG_0099

We started our weekend with a belated birthday celebration for me with some of our friends at my new obsession, Cane Rosso.  The food was delish, again, and it was so good to catch up with everyone.  We missed Sarah and Matt!  I wised up and ordered an entire Caprese salad for myself as an appetizer.  I could not bear to share any this time. 

IMG_0102

IMG_0103

After dinner we came back to our apartment and I whipped up on everyone in Trivial Pursuit, per usual.  Ha!  I am convinced they let me win because it was my birthday.  But, as everyone who knows me at all knows, I am a much more pleasant person when I win, so it was a great night. :)

IMG_0105

IMG_0106

Saturday was spent working out, running errands, and at a wedding in Southlake.  That would be wedding number 6 of 13 this year for the Wall family!  We had fun visiting with our newlywed friends Ryan and Cassie, but sadly, I did not take a single picture. 

Our Sunday morning started bright and early!  We got up at the crack of dawn to clean our apartment.  I have to brag on Austin for one minute, he cleaned the tub/shower and did so good!  He probably shouldn’t have revealed his skills in this particular area because now I am going to do everything I can to never clean it again!  Next to ironing, cleaning the shower is probably my least favorite chore.  (WOW this blog is riveting!)

We greeted at church this morning then had a great Sunday School lesson and service at FBD.  Love it so much there! 

We came home and had this deliciousness for lunch, napped, and then had another tasty meal for supper.  My kind of day.  In between my two meals, I also read my latest Southern Living and took a delightful nap.  Sunday afternoons are the best. 

IMG_0107

{pasta salad with olives, cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, cucumber, sun dried tomatoes, parsley and basil + fruit salad}

Austin grilled this pork tenderloin for our supper tonight and it was SO good!  Thanks to our great friends Paige and Travis, we even have a fancy personalized wooden cutting board for slicing. 

IMG_0109

IMG_0111

I am stuffed! 

Now for the bad news, I have had March 25 marked on my calendar for MONTHS.  I have been so so so excited for the Mad Men premiere tonight.  I tweeted about it earlier and have basically planned my whole day around it.  Well, it started fifteen minutes ago and guess who is not watching?  We found out about two lovely hours ago that we do not get AMC through our cable package!  The horror!  I almost cried.  Of course I am being overly dramatic, and luckily I discovered we can purchase season 5 on iTunes and watch it on Mondays on our iPad, but oh my goodness, talk about deflated. 

Hope y’all have had a wonderful spring weekend, and if you are watching Mad Men right now, just know that I am insanely jealous! 

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog by googling Mad Men for itunes - we just had the same experience!!! All excited to watch tonight and lo and behold, no Mad Men on the Dish network. Womp womp. Guess we'll be waiting until tomorrow, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Isn't it such a letdown? Fingers crossed that the iTunes thing works out.

      Delete