Sunday, March 18, 2012

Jackson Reunion 2012

My quick trip back to Mississippi was a fun one.  I miss my friends and my old city so much!  It was wonderful to be back and see everyone, I just wish Austin could have come along.  We decided we all miss how much free time we had in law school now that we’ve all officially entered the real world.

Once everyone got to Jackson on Friday night, we went to Bon Ami for dinner.  I felt really bad for everyone else in our little area trying to enjoy their dinner…we were just a tad on the loud side!  We had fifteen people at one long table who hadn’t seen each other in months = lots of talking and catching up. 

IMG_0041

     IMG_0043      IMG_0042

IMG_0044

After a quick night of sleep (thanks Em for letting me stay with you!) Em and I made some delish pancakes, grits, and bacon to fuel our Saturday plans.  We ate and got decked out in our green then headed downtown for Jackson’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade.  Our wonderful Drew had set up our tent in a prime spot right by the governor’s mansion.  We were right by a big crowd from our law school, and it was fun to see everyone!

                 IMG_0048

                    IMG_0049     IMG_0051

 IMG_0055

{with our festive flair!}

IMG_0053

{MC Law’s finest}

IMG_0058

    IMG_0059   IMG_0060

IMG_0071

       IMG_0080    IMG_0079

Oh how I love Mississippi: watching the parade from the front yard of the governor’s mansion and an appearance by Colonel Reb.  Hotty Toddy! (P.S. So excited to go to Oxford this fall for the A&M Ole Miss game!!)

The perfect end to our parade day was a trip to Keifer’s right next door to my old apartment.  The grilled chicken pita wrap was just as good as I remember :)

                   IMG_0081

There were some sweet friends I did not get to see this trip, but that just gives me an excuse to head back soon. 

So many times this weekend I was just overcome with how much I miss Jackson.  I never expected to love it as much as I do when I made the decision to move there for law school three years ago.  I am so glad God took me there – those were three of the best years with some of my best friends.  Can’t wait until next time! 

I’m off to enjoy our new patio chairs while Austin grills me some supper.  As fun as it was to see my friends, I am glad to be home and ready to stay off of I-20 for a while.  From Dallas to Jackson and back in one weekend (with stops in Ruston along the way) is quite an experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment