Thursday, March 8, 2012

Goals Update

I meant to do an update at the beginning of February on my 2012 goals “one month in,” but I am just now getting around to it. 

1. Goal: get a job

Update: check!  I got a job at the end of January and started in mid-February.

2. Goal: Run a 1/2 marathon

Update: not much progress… with Austin being out of town, I did not run as much in the mornings because I didn’t want to go alone.  Hopefully now that he is back we can focus on this goal a little more.  It will also be nice once the time change happens this weekend and it starts staying lighter longer in the evenings.  I think I need to just sign up (i.e. pay$$$) for a half marathon and get it on my calendar so I will have to start actually training. 

3. Goal: Learn to play tennis

Update: in progress!  We have played several times on the weekends, and I think it is safe to say that we are slowly but surely improving.

4. Goal: Eat less sugar

Update: fail.  I haven’t really implemented a strategy for this one yet.  My sister is bringing me an eating plan that she has been using lately, and I think it will address this…

5. Goal: memorize one scripture a week

Update: I did memorize a few scriptures in January, but I think one scripture every two weeks might be more realistic for me.  Our Sunday School class is now memorizing scripture together, which has been great for this particular goal!

6. Goal: Study the Bible as opposed to just read the Bible

Update: going well!  I am doing a precept study by Kay Arthur of the book of Esther right now and loving it.  I am learning so much!  Her studies have so much structure, which I love. 

7. Goal: Use more farmers market produce in my cooking

DSCF1011

Update: I have been to the farmers market the past two Saturdays, so there has been some progress on this, but not a ton.  With Austin being gone, I was not cooking very regularly, but I missed it and am getting back in the swing of things. 

8. Goal: Hold my tongue

Update: this will probably always be a work in progress, but I am making the effort and becoming more aware of His grace when I fail. 

9. Goal: Pray for “just one”

Update: praying!

10. Goal: Comment more on blogs

Update: in progress but going well.  I am still making an effort to do this, and I know I have commented more than I used to, but I could still comment more. 

 

It is a rainy and dreary day in Dallas today.  I wish I could just cozy up on my couch for the day!  Hope this Thursday flies by because my sister is {probably} coming tomorrow and the rest of my family on Saturday morning!!  I can’t wait. 

1 comment:

  1. Our home group is about to start studying Esther! Love it!

    ReplyDelete