Sunday, March 11, 2012

Family Birthday Celebration

The best birthday present I have gotten so far was to get to spend most of the day Saturday with my family!  My sister Melanie actually came to Dallas from Ruston on Friday night, so we had a little bit of extra time together which was wonderful. 

Friday night Mel, Austin, and I went to Cane Rosso in Deep Ellum.  I had never been before but have heard great things ever since moving to Dallas.  It was so delish, and I think I had the best caprese salad of my entire life. 

The rest of my fam arrived bright and early Saturday morning.  It has been a long time since all five of us (plus Austin!) were together in one place, and I loved every second of them being in Dallas.  We had big plans to go to the Dallas Arboretum, but the weather did not cooperate.  We had some blueberry muffins and some fruit when everyone arrived; well, and of course coffee.  My family is big on coffee!  I saw this blueberry muffin recipe last week and just could not get them out of my mind. 

DSCF1296

          DSCF1298      DSCF1299

DSCF1300

Mel is quite a little thrifter, and she brought her latest find to show me.  I am SO JEALOUS of her REAL fur coat that she paid six whopping dollars for – can you believe that?  She also made herself a coffee table out of an old window last week, but that is another blog for another day.  She’s got skills!

                DSCF1301             DSCF1302

We sat around and visited for a little while before heading to the Farmers Market to pick up my birthday present… more on that later this week.  We drove by our church to show everyone and then wandered around some pretty Lakewood neighborhoods for a little bit.  We ended up at Hattie’s for an early lunch.  So so good.  I had been there once before with my friend Lauren, and it was just as good as I remembered.  We all cleaned our plates, and it was just so nice to sit down to a meal with all of my favorite people. 

            DSCF1306

                                        DSCF1308

I promise my parents were here too!  I just don’t have pics that they were in on my camera.

Saturday after my family left, Austin and I headed to Glen Rose for a wedding.  It was so fun seeing lots of our friends, and the late night drive back home was totally worth it.  With our late night and daylight savings time, we were dragging a little bit this morning but still made it to church for another great Sunday at First Dallas.  I was apparently too busy trying to corral Austin and catch up with friends to take many pictures last night, but I got two good ones!

        DSCF1309

      DSCF1311

Another fun wedding weekend on the books to kick off my birthday week celebration :)

1 comment: