Wednesday, March 14, 2012

DIY Pottery Barn Copycat Wreath

Last week I was so excited when I saw that some of my favorite bloggers were hosting a “winter” edition of their Pinterest Challenge. I decided I wanted to participate, but was having trouble coming up with something Pinterest-inspired (pinspired?) to make.  Then Sunday afternoon, it hit me!  I had pinned and blogged about this pretty Pottery Barn wreath last week but it took me a few more days to realize I could make my own version and spruce up our door for spring. 

greatest wreath of all time

I picked up the grapevine wreath, some moss, some greenery, and some hot glue sticks at Michaels earlier this week.  I have a box solely dedicated to nests and nest décor in my hall closet {you think I’m kidding…}, so I grabbed one of my favorite little guys with pretty tiny eggs.

I brewed a pot of coffee and fired up the glue gun at the crack of dawn and got to work.

IMG_0021

Nest placement was first on my agenda, then I kind of moved out from there placing moss and greenery in little clumps as I made my way around.  I looked at the PB picture a good bit for reference. 

IMG_0023

And here’s the finished product!  Total cost was about $18.  Not bad considering the Pottery Barn version would have been significantly more expensive, and when I just tried to check the price on the website, the PB version is sold out!   

IMG_0025

Here she is hanging on our door making me smile every day when I get home. 

IMG_0030

I don’t know about y’all but I feel so accomplished when I actually do or make something from Pinterest instead of just drool over the pretty pictures. 

Happy pinning & crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment