Saturday, March 31, 2012

Catching Up

Hello friends.  I feel like my little blog hasn’t felt much love this week!  I’m telling you, getting used to working full time is kind of a bigger adjustment than I anticipated. Well, that and the fact that Austin has been off work all week (not fair!), so I have been wanting to spend all my free time with my lively accountant husband.  One day I will have to tell you about the time Austin was deemed the liveliest accountant ever.  

This week feels like it was a total whirlwind, but I am going to attempt to hit the high points…
On Thursday night we cooked a stir fry recipe from a recent Southern Living and my favorite “Unfried Rice” from Daily Garnish.  It was delicious and packed full of veggies. 

IMG_0112

Friday was a very special day for my sister-in-law Courtney.  She got her Aggie ring!  Aggie rings are a BIG deal at Texas A&M, and we are so happy for Courtney.  Austin even got to be in College Station to celebrate with her.  The Aggie ring is a universal symbol of the Aggie family, and every Aggie I know wears his or her ring with pride.  Here is a link if you would like to know more about our little rings made of gold. Congratulations Courtney!

I managed to make the best of being stuck in Dallas on Courtney’s ring day and had a very successful lunch break at Northpark.  I popped into Anthro to use my birthday coupon and got some perfume and a cute dessert plate.  I have been collecting plates for several months for a plate wall I am planning in our dining area and this little beauty spoke to me yesterday.  {pic from anthropologie.com}



I also stopped at Talbots to see if by chance I could find an Easter dress.  I don’t think I have ever in my life not had an Easter dress this close to Easter, but I am happy to say Talbots delivered.  I happen to love Talbots, by the way.  My mom has always always always shopped there for as long as I can remember and everything about the brand is classic in my book.  Can’t wait to wear my pretty pink dress next Sunday! 

I lucked out and had a really sweet sales girl helping me.  She informed me that the dress was 25% off, then I got another 10% off because I have a Talbots Red Rewards Card and then another 10% off because it was my birthday month!  Yay for birthday discounts. 

Today I enjoyed some much-needed pool time relaxing.  It was pure bliss.  The weather here in the big D is absolutely perfect for laying out today. 

IMG_0224

I also got a package in the mail from my Mom!  It contained April’s card – this one may be my absolute favorite yet!  It also had a PRECIOUS blue jacket, which coincidentally, is also from Talbots.  Great minds think alike :)  I adore it and cannot wait to wear it to work on Monday.  I will definitely be taking an OOTD picture. 

IMG_0114

Tonight my plans include finishing up some preparations for tomorrow’s shower and making some cards with my new goodies from Paper Source.  Sounds like a perfect Saturday night in to me!  Hope y’all are having a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment