Monday, February 6, 2012

Scenes & Recipes from our Weekend

I got a haircut Saturday morning… 

IMG_0176

Then I cooked Saturday afternoon…

IMG_0172

We had lasagna and watched Good Will Hunting on Saturday night.  My lasagna recipe was given to me by a very sweet lady at my recipe and container shower last spring. It is a trusty Southern Living staple and can be found here!

IMG_0173

I took applesauce muffins to church on Sunday…

IMG_0174

We went to Jaime and Emily’s for a Super Bowl party on Sunday afternoon…

DSCF1256

And we took corn dip…

IMG_0175

We were not very lucky with this cute square game that Emily made…

IMG_0177

Our weekend full of food, friends and fun was blissful and much-needed.  Below are the recipes for the applesauce muffins and the corn dip. 

Applesauce Muffins (recipe from my Mom)

2 cups biscuit mix (I use Pioneer)

¼ cup sugar

1 tsp. cinnamon

½ cup applesauce

¼ cup milk

1 egg

2 Tb. Oil

Extra cinnamon, sugar, and butter for dipping.

Mix and bake in greased muffin cups (I use papers) @ 400 for about 12 – 15 minutes.  When hot, dip in melted butter and cinnamon/sugar mixture.

Corn Dip (recipe from my Aunt Angie)

2 cans shoepeg corn

1 jar pimentos  (drained)

1 c sour cream

1 c mayonnaise (I use closer to 3/4 cup)

8 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese (grate it yourself)

chopped jalapenos + jalapeno juice to taste

salt & pepper to taste

Mix together, let sit in fridge for at least a few hours, preferably overnight.  Serve with Fritos. 

 

I am soaking up this last week of “freedom” and tackling a long to-do list.  Hope your Monday is off to a wonderful start! 

1 comment: