Monday, January 30, 2012

Perfect Timing, Martha

The highlight of my day yesterday was finding out about the new Martha Stewart line of office supplies for Staples.  The line has not hit stores yet but is available online.  Needless to say, I have stalked the website, and I am obsessed!  I LOVE Martha products.  My (“our”) number one reason for registering at Macy’s when I was engaged was because they carry Martha’s tupperware, kitchen supplies, etc.  This might have something to do with the fact that my all-time favorite color is what I call “Martha blue.”  As in, the background color of this blog ;). 

WELL, the point of this post is that the office supply line from Martha could not have come at a more appropriate time for me because I GOT A JOB!  A real, grown up, big girl lawyer job.  A job with an office that will obviously need some office supplies courtesy of Ms. Stewart.  So excited to check off my number one goal for 2012!

I am thrilled, excited, nervous, but most of all thankful for the peace I feel about the whole situation. 

image

A few other random thoughts for this Monday afternoon:

  • Amelia’s (Austin’s cousin’s little girl) cute tea party birthday party was yesterday. I am so excited to see Nina’s recap and so sad we missed the party!  Happy 1st birthday Amelia!
  • The Gossip Girl wedding is tonight – I can’t wait to watch but I really hope the wedding does not actually happen. 
  • I can’t wait for this weekend – we will be in town for the first time in three weeks.  I have missed our church so much these past few weeks.  We also have a fun super bowl party to go to on Sunday!
  • My mom gave me some red beans and rice leftovers this weekend, and I’ve been thinking about how tasty my supper is going to be all day today.
  • Psalm 139 is sweeping blog-land lately.  I have seen no fewer than four blog posts about Psalm 139 within the last week.  I took this to mean that God was giving me a little hint, so I have read it a few times lately!  It is such an uplifting passage and is always so applicable. 
  • I am also reading Revelation right now… does anyone else feel like Revelation is the outlier of the Bible?  It is just so different from all the other books!  It is also very interesting, weird, scary, and mind-boggling to me. 
  • I am procrastinating working on a memo right now.  I should really get in one hour of work on it before Gossip Girl… bye for now, friends!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS on your job!! So fun to shop for new supplies - especially Martha supplies! And ohmygoodness on Gossip Girl. It was nuts! Did you watch yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, congrats on your new job! I wish I could say it was a surprise but Suann told us on Saturday so I was just waiting for the news to be official in blogland haha!! This is totally unrelated but I just saw a picture of Rachel McAdams and it FINALLY hits me....EVER since I met you I knew you looked like some celebrity but couldn't put my finger on it so I just never said anything but I finally figured it out....RACHEL FREAKING MCADAMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA - um, I will take it! Love her. And thank you for the congrats :)

    ReplyDelete