Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Rebecca!

Last night we celebrated Rebecca’s birthday with our wonderful SS friends.  (missed the Clarksons though!)  We met at Maximo’s in Plano and hung out there for a bit before going to BJ’s just down the road for dinner.  We topped everything off with strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese icing! 

DSCF1250

DSCF1246

DSCF1248

DSCF1247

DSCF1253

I used my Mom’s strawberry cake recipe and my sister’s recipe for the cream cheese buttercream icing.  This is my all time favorite strawberry cake recipe!  It was a hit last night as well. 

Fresh Strawberry Cake

1 white cake mix

3 Tbs. flour

3 eggs

3/4 c oil

3/4 c water

1 small package strawberry Jello

1/2 c sliced strawberries (I usually do closer to 1 cup)

Mix all ingredients and bake in a greased bundt pan for 45 min @ 350.  Or, like I did today, make cupcakes which only need to bake for about 18 minutes. 

Now, the best part happens.  The glaze!  This is what makes this cake super moist and tasty.  For the glaze you will need:

2 Tbs. butter, softened

1/2 c powdered sugar

2 Tbs. crushed strawberries (or more!)

Mix and drizzle on top of warm cake.  The cake is wonderful with just the glaze, and, as a matter of fact, last night was the first time I had ever tried it with frosting.  The frosting is just a pretty standard mix of powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese, and vanilla. 

IMG_0163

IMG_0166

DSCF1251

Happy birthday friend!  I had fun celebrating with you!

2 comments:

  1. thanks friend! Had so much fun with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I ate 2 cupcakes for breakfast. Oops!

    ReplyDelete