Monday, January 9, 2012

A Grateful Day

As I was pondering what to blog about today, all I could really focus on was how grateful I am for a few recent answered prayers.  I will never get tired of seeing how the Lord works!  I am literally amazed that I have been specifically praying about my job situation, and my sister has also been specifically praying about her living situation, and God has shown us (on the same day) that he has things under control.  As always. 

“In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.” Proverbs 16:9

I guess I always need the reminder!  I really have nothing to blog about today, other than the fact that I am overwhelmed by His grace and PERFECT timing.  There are so many examples of this in my life, but goodness I sure am quick to forget. 

Today has been so good.  I have been busy but productive.  I am nervous but calm at the same time.  Today has been marked by peace that can only come from one place.  I am so thankful! 

I am thankful for my family and friends letting me know they are praying for me – that means so much to me.  I need to do this more for others.  I am thankful for opportunities.  I am thankful for our friends here in Dallas and for the fact that Dallas is really starting to feel like home.  I am thankful that I still have good friends in Jackson which means I always have a reason to go visit!  I could go on and on, but I guess this all boils down to me being thankful for the wonderful people I am blessed to have in my life.  

2012, you are off to a very good start.  I hope your Monday has given you an opportunity to count your blessings too!

2 comments:

  1. stop teasing us with the good news....what is it!!??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha it's job related but a few things are still up in the air!

    ReplyDelete