Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Goals for 2012

As if you haven’t read enough of these already…  Feel free to “mark as read,” but I wanted to get these written down in hopes that it will encourage me to follow through!  In 2012 I hope to:

1. Get a job.  I want it to be a job that (a) uses my law degree, (b) is fulfilling, and (c) where I can LEARN and gain practical experience.  I have had two jobs come my way in the past couple of months that were most definitely not the right fit.  Hopefully in 2012 God will guide me to one that is!

2. Run a 1/2 marathon.  I know I can do this one, it is just a matter of scheduling one and writing it in my planner (and paying… races are kind of pricey!). 

3. Learn to play tennis.  Austin and I got tennis racquets for Christmas, and learning to play tennis has been on my bucket list for a while now.  This is the year that I will actually learn the rules and be able to play a full game!

4. Eat less sugar.  Over the past year I have noticed that I eat a lot of sugar.  I don’t eat or drink anything with artificial sweeteners in it (nor to I plan to start), but I could stand to scale back the amount of sugar I put in my morning coffee and just be conscious of eating things that are high in sugar during the rest of the day as well. 

5. Memorize one scripture per week.  This week my verse is 1 John 1:5 – “This is the message that we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is light and in Him there is no darkness at all.”  I know memorizing scripture will be a great tool for my witness and an encouragement to me as well, and this is the one goal that I really hope I stick with all year.

6. Study the Bible as opposed to just reading the Bible.  There are so many fascinating things in the Bible that I have never taken the time to explore or truly “study.”  For example, our preacher recently went into a little bit of detail regarding the lineage of Jesus, and I was fascinated.  I also love seeing all of the Old Testament prophecies revealed in the New Testament, so I definitely have a starting place for this goal. 

7. Use more farmers market produce in my cooking.  Too often I forget about shopping at the farmers market even though I love going and love purchasing fruits and veggies there.  I hope to make it a priority this year to support local farmers more by doing my produce shopping there instead of the grocery store. 

8. Hold my tongue.  Gossiping is a weakness of mine.  Recently I have felt especially convicted about this, and I simply need to learn to control what I say. 

9. Pray for “just one.”  I was so inspired by reading this blog post yesterday.  I encourage you to read it too and to join me!  There are so many people that I think could be my “just one” that I already pray for, but I am sure God has someone in mind.     

10.  And just because I like even numbers more than odd numbers, I will add one more.  I want to comment on blogs more.  I always read in Reader and rarely comment.  That needs to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment