Monday, December 5, 2011

Window Treatments & the Greatest Fabric Store Ever

As promised, here's a post on the fab window treatments my Mom made and the very best fabric store in Dallas.

One day this summer, Mom came up to Dallas for us to fabric shop.  Before she arrived, I had done a little bit of internet research on fabric stores in the area, but it was completely dumb luck for us to end up at Childress Fabric.  The store we went to (there are multiple locations) was not in an area of town where you would think a fabulous fabric store would be, but lo and behold, we walked in and Mom about passed out from excitement!  I think she has a picture that I will try to get her to send me of the inside of the store. Oh, and the trim.  I cannot forget the trim!  Y'all- this place has a whole room dedicated to trim - wall to wall! 

If you ever find yourself in need of some wonderful fabric or trim in the DFW area, then this is your spot!  Our good friend Julie even made a trip up to Dallas from Houston recently to go to this mecca of fabric goodness. 

Mom and I found five wonderful fabrics that all coordinated well with the blues, greens, and neutrals that are seen throughout my apartment.  I am SO incredibly blessed to have a mom that can sew such beautiful things.  I have always been spoiled by her making me window treatments for everywhere I have ever lived, and I cannot imagine anyone else ever dressing my windows! 

I am certainly not the best photographer, although that is something I hope to work on now that I have this new found hobby of blogging, but here are some pics of the window treatments.

tan and blue check fabric with coordinating trim in the study
 
 tan and blue graphic print roman shades in the bedroom

cute little roman shade for back door with ties that match the panels below
 
panels made of fabric with tiny green tone on tone checks 
(we have windows like this in the living room and breakfast area) 

Thank you, Mom!  I absolutely love each one - thank you for the time and effort you put into these and for the tweaks and touch ups!

P.S. Getting the new blog design any time now!  It should be up so soon, and I cannot wait.  My lack of savvy when it comes to technology is very apparent in this simpleton-esque blog design I have going on right now... needs to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment