Saturday, December 17, 2011

Sunday School Christmas Party

Friday night was our Sunday School Christmas party and we had SO much fun! Thank you Ben and Rebecca for being such wonderful hosts!

We had tons of food, a {heated} gift exchange, and we played three new-to-me games that were hilarious. I took a cheese platter and some veggies and dip. In typical Southern Baptist fashion, we also had three types of dip (with chips too of course), sandwiches on rolls, mini apple pies, "lumps of coal," chocolate chip cookie dough dip, Rolo pretzel bites, fudge, and probably some other tasty things that I can't remember at the moment. I am still full!



I did not do too well with my picture taking, but here are a few I did manage to get.

Our wonderful teachers Roy & Donna (ignore the blur in the background!)

Jessica and Mark looking festive in red

Ben & Rebecca, Austin & me

Scott and Cass

Tim and Faith

Sarah and Matt were there too, but my picture of them was horribly blurry! And thank goodness they were there, because they taught me two of my new favorite games: "Family" and some hybrid of charades/catchphrase. The best thing about these new games is that all you need is strips of paper and friends - genius! Apparently going to OBU and being miles away from all forms of entertainment is the perfect environment for inventing fun party games :)

We played Apples to Apples first, and I am obsessed. I want to play it every day! Maybe my obsession has to do with the fact that I won?



I did not take pictures of the other games because I was laughing way too hard. It was a great night with great friends! I have said this before, but I'll say it again - I'm so thankful to be a part of our church and for the wonderful church friends God has given us.

Today I am taking down all my Christmas decorations, cleaning, and packing for our holiday travels. Can't wait to hit the road and spend the next several days with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment