Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Continues

We are still in East Texas visiting my family and having the best time! I have been a little absent on the blog-front, but we are headed back to the big D tomorrow, and I am anxious to get back into my routine. Two of our good friends are getting married on NYE, so this weekend will be another whirlwind of fun :) Can't wait!

Since arriving here on Monday, we have had Christmas with my family, played LOTS of games, and done even more eating. Tis the season for tasty treats, but I am about ready to go on a juice cleanse!

Enjoy the pics of what we've been up to...

Mom's pretty tree

Checking out our stockings

My new recipe binder! So excited about this little guy.

Santa brought robes for Austin and my sister Mary Katherine

I discovered that my Mom was in on the "Elf on a Shelf" trend long before the blogosphere... these elves were hers and my Uncle Layne's from when they were little. How cute are they?!

We've been playing lots of games, especially these that we got for Christmas this year: Risk (Austin's favorite), Catchphrase, Apples to Apples, and Trivial Pursuit. We also enjoyed getting whipped by my grandmother this morning at Five Crowns. She is a mean little card player.

Not pictured is our new favorite Wii game, Just Dance from my sister-in-law Casey. It is so very fun, but my Mom is undefeated, and I am to bitter to talk any more about that. Her Bearcat Belle and Louisiana Tech Pom-Pom Girl days are coming in very handy!

Today I went with my sisters to get manicures and do a little shopping. Mary Katherine gave me and Melanie gift certificates for manicures for Christmas, and we all three went an got our nails done today. It was such a fun and relaxing treat! Thanks MK!


Love these two!

I'm off to go check on Austin- he is currently raking my parents' yard!






No comments:

Post a Comment