Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Cheer

Good gracious how is it already Friday?  This week has flown by- happy Friday to you!

This morning Austin and I spray painted some pine cones that we collected over the Thanksgiving holiday in east Texas.  They are now shiny and GOLD, and I am completely obsessed with them.  I put some in a hurricane on our bar, and I am planning to string the others up with some fishing line in little clumps for our tree.  So simple, but I just cannot get over how cute those little suckers are!

 

 I also hung some ornaments with gold wired ribbon from the curtain rods in the living room.  I am loving the little bit of sparkle they give the windows. 


We had a present wrapping extravaganza one night this week.  Now the bottom our tree does not look quite so empty!  Every gift that we've gotten so far is wrapped, but there are more to come :)


Last but not least, I set up our nativity!  My grandfather's sister made this, and me and both of my sisters have one of these pretties.  I love how it is so simple and white and clean looking, and I love that it was made for me with love.  It is amazing how quickly I tend to view a nativity scene as just another Christmas decoration and forget the miracle of what it depicts.  I am so thankful for that little baby in the manger and for this season of celebrating His birth!

No comments:

Post a Comment