Saturday, December 17, 2011

25 Holiday Questions

25 Questions: Holiday Style (stolen from PBF) Join the fun and answer these questions too- I love reading these things!

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate WITH marshmallows, although I do enjoy eggnog too.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa used to just leave our presents out in the open, but he has been wrapping them for the past few years. I am a fan of wrapped - more fun to open and be surprised!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? This was a bit of a debate this year, but I am white lights all the way. Austin, however, is a fan of colored. I think one day if we have a second tree that is more casual, I might concede to colored lights on it... maybe.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No mistletoe... but my grandparents used to have tons of it in a tree in their front yard.

5. When do you hang your decorations up? I like to decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving... and I like to un-decorate as soon as Christmas is over. We are actually un-decorating before we leave town next week because I do not like to see decorations after the 25th- must be down before NYE!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Probably my Mom's cinnamon rolls. The best ever! Or maybe sausage balls or Polish Mistakes - so good.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Christmases in Ruston with all of my family. Christmas Eve on one side of the street with Dad's family and then Christmas Day on the other side of the street with my Mom's family (my parents grew up across the street from each other!)

8. What is on your Christmas wish list? Everything from this post, mainly the HOBO wallet and the gloves!

9. Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve? Yes!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? This year with red birds (!) nests, gold, green, and silver balls, and lots of red berries.

11. Snow? Love it or dread it? Kind of indifferent about snow... I get excited if it snows, but because I have always lived in the south, I would never expect it at Christmastime.

12. Real tree or fake tree? Real tree this year!


13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Precious Dixie - Santa brought her to us and she was by far the best gift ever- I will have to find a picture of her from that Christmas morning. She was the smallest and cutest little fur ball ever!


14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Jesus. Remembering to be thankful for his birth, God's willingness to send him to this world, the faith of all involved, and that his birth and his time on earth truly changed the world.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Christmas sugar cookies


16. What is your favorite tradition? This may not be a "tradition" but I love church during the Christmas season when everything is decorated and we sing Christmas-y songs. Church decorations are always so pretty!

17. What tops your tree? The "berry blast" as Austin calls it. My mom does the berry blast too, and I just love it.

18. Do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving gifts to Austin is one of the most fun things ever. Mainly because he is just an excited person, but I love giving him his gifts. I also love giving my sisters their gifts!

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Joy to the World

20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? Yuck - no thank you. I like peppermint flavored things like peppermint bark, peppermint drinks from Starbucks, etc... but not actual candy canes.

21. Favorite Christmas movie? NOT the one with the dumb leg lamp and "You'll shoot your eye out"... although my Dad and Austin love to quote it year-round. Probably The Holiday, but I really like Christmas episodes of TV shows.

22. What do you leave for Santa? Cookies, milk, sausage balls, party mix...all kinds of delicious treats. We also used to put our "reindeer food" in a cute bucket outside our door when I was younger.

23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? My sisters and I have always slept in the same room together and woken up as early as possible (usually around 5..sometimes before) to head downstairs. Since this is my first married Christmas, things will be a little different, but I am excited for new traditions too!

24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall? This year we did a lot of online shopping, but I don't mind the mall if it is early enough in the Christmas season. You could not pay me to go and fight the crowds at North Park today though.

25. Christmas letter or Christmas card? Christmas cards all the way - love sending and receiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment