Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Weekend Recap and Blog Design

I meant to do this recap yesterday, but I had lots of errands to run and the day just got away from me!  My family (minus one sister) came to Dallas on Saturday, and we had the best time.  We had a fun lunch at The Porch and then explored the wonderful Dallas farmers market.

I mentioned on Friday that the main reason they were coming was to bring our last window treatment.... well the window treatment hanging did not go very smoothly and our study window is still naked for now... but I know when it does finally get on the window that it will be beautiful!  Mom and I were kind of rushing to get it hung, and for some unknown reason we could not get everything straight, so she is working on it, and it will be here before we know it!  I'm going to put off the fabric store/window treatment post until they are all fixed.




Love the pictures above and below so much!


The plants at the farmers market were amazing this weekend.  
Can't wait to get one of these beauties in the spring.  







Someone (Austin) was not coordinated enough to get in the veggie cut-out on the other side of me...  


Mom found some really cute tiny gourds to use with our Thanksgiving place-cards this year, and we spent a long time looking at all of the beautiful flowers.  We also sampled some fruits and veggies (if you've ever been to the Dallas farmers market then you know how generous they are with the samples - they stop just short of actually putting the fruit in your mouth).  We tried the fudge in the indoor part of the market, and we lost Dad for a good 20 minutes at a lamp oil booth... seriously.  There was also a cute cake pop vendor there who gave MK a baby cake pop sample.  After our lunch and the fudge and the ample samples (rhyme!), we were stuffed!

After my family left Saturday afternoon, we went over to a friend's house to watch the A&M/Oklahoma game.  Another heart-break by the Aggies, but at least this one was pretty much expected.  That's all I am going to say about that!

We stuck around to watch the Bama/LSU "game of the century."  Austin and I made a bet on the outcome of this game - we were both cheering for Bama (sorry Em!), but I bet on LSU and he took Bama.  Obviously, I won!  Yay!  We agreed that if LSU won the game I would get to purchase a blog header design to spruce up my new hobby.  I am not a very tech-savvy person, so I'm thrilled that I get to have someone else do the computer work for me, and I get to enjoy the cute result.  I have not chosen one yet, but hopefully I will get around to starting on the blog makeover sometime this week.  I am thinking I will go with Penny Lane Designs, and I can't wait to shop for a new look!

No comments:

Post a Comment