Friday, November 11, 2011

My Favorite Wedding Gift

Getting married was a humbling experience.  I remember feeling amazed and so grateful for the generosity of friends and family at each and every shower that was thrown for me.  I doubt there is another time in life where I will experience that type of outpouring of love and support in the form of tangible gifts.  I am still amazed and so thankful that people really and truly provided for us things that we needed as well as beautiful things that we just enjoy having. 

It is lovely and so fun to have things like Le Creuset, pretty glasses, china, throw pillows, and fun kitchen tools.  It is equally lovely to have necessities like sheets and towels!  But, the wedding gift that means the most to me is a quilt that my sister-in-law Courtney made for us.  She spent hours cutting strips of fabric, cutting out birds, sewing, and a whole lot of other things that go into making a quilt that I am surely not aware of.  I love the quilt.  It is better than any quilt I ever could have dreamed up.  These pictures do not do it justice - it is a work of art!  And yes, one of the reasons I love it so much is because of the birds - Courtney, along with most everyone who knows me, is very familiar with my bird obsession.  


blue birds, yellow birds,  red birds, orange birds... love them all!


We use the quilt all the time, and it gets softer and cozier each time.  Now that it is cold, the quilt goes on our bed at night.  I am actually wrapped in the quilt right now.  Other times, it is draped over the back of my reading chair in the study.  The quilt reminds me of Courtney and the time and love that she put into making this wonderful gift for us.  I am so blessed to have a sister-in-law like her!  Thank you, Courtney, for my favorite wedding gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment