Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fall Food

I have been taking pictures of some of the dishes I've made recently with the intent to blog about them, but I keep forgetting!  I think I may just do a periodic food recap (for my Mom and Mammo who are probably the only people who really want to see that).

Lately we've had manacotti, turkey burgers and sweet potato fries, homemade tomato soup with grilled cheese croutons, and a yummy apple cranberry dessert recipe.

spinach manacotti (recipe found on pasta box) + side salad


This turkey burger recipe is my favorite I have ever tried and SO easy!  
The toppings really make the burger: sliced granny smith apple, 
sharp cheddar cheese, and sauce made from 
whole berry cranberry sauce mixed with grainy mustard.  
Served on a toasted whole wheat English muffin and with roasted sweet 
potato fries on the side, these burgers are so good.   



Last night my friend Cam came over for dinner, and we had tomato soup with grilled 
cheese croutons (as seen on Pinterest here), toasted garlic bread, and salad.  
For dessert I made an apple cranberry concoction from Mom's arsenal of recipes.  
I made a small one for us last night and a larger one 
to take to dinner tonight with these friends.  
The cranberries make this dessert so "fall-ish" to me.   



apple cranberry dessert {without the topping}

No comments:

Post a Comment