Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas Lights & Being Thankful

Saturday night after my self-proclaimed day of hibernation, we went downtown with some friends for the official lighting of the downtown tree and the other Christmas lights on Main Street near Neiman's.  There were people EVERYWHERE, and Santa zip-lined into the park from the roof of a nearby parking garage.  It was quite an event!  The crowds were a bit much, so we walked over to Campisi's and had some supper.  Austin goes to Campisi's pretty often with work colleagues for lunch, but I had never been.  Now I can check this Dallas staple off my list.  (The veggie pizza is very tasty!)

Our Sunday was pretty low key: church in the morning, napping and football in the afternoon (go Cowboys!), and then back to church for a church-wide Thanksgiving supper.  The church Thanksgiving supper was a wonderful way to kick off Thanksgiving week and a good reminder of just how much I have to be thankful for.

Today I am especially thankful for the non-stop FUN I have with Austin.  I am pretty sure I have laughed more in the past 6 months (just realized today is our 6-month anniversary!) than in my whole life before that.  I need to do a better job of remembering the funny things he does/says to blog about, but they are basically never-ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment