Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Thankful

One of my very favorite things about being a Christian is seeing God answer prayers.  I am always completely amazed at the way God works and the solutions He comes up with.  It always seems to be the case that God solves our problems or takes away our concerns in ways we never could have imagined. 

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.  As the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."  Isaiah 55:8-9

Such true and powerful words!  I am thankful today for a timely reminder that God is in control - He always has been and always will be.  He does answer our prayers - He just does it in His own way on His own time. 

I mentioned on Monday that I am going through a transitional period of life right now.  I am a planner.  I do not like surprises or uncertainties or the unknown.  I have been planning the course of my life for a long time, and so far, I have basically stuck to that plan.  Well, these days the events I have planned have all pretty much come to pass, and now I don't know quite what to do.  Um, how about trust God's plan?  What an obvious answer - difficult for a control freak like me, but so obvious.  I know His plan is better than mine.  I know He has prepared great things for me.  What more could I need? 

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."  Psalm 27:14

Emily

P.S. Austin insisted that I add an addendum to yesterday's line up of our fall TV shows.  We also love the ABC Wednesday night shows The Middle, Suburgatory, and Modern Family!  

No comments:

Post a Comment