- Saturday we had a leisurely morning and made brunch before running several errands. Casey came over for brunch and spent most of the day with us, and it was so good to catch up with her. Ten months after moving into our "new" house, we finally checked out the local library and rec center. I checked out these books:
- Casey stayed for supper Saturday, and Austin grilled steaks while she and I made Pioneer Woman's creamed spinach and some roasted potatoes. So good!
- Last week we tried this pasta dish from the September Southern Living and this salad recipe that I tore out of Real Simple recently. Both were winners that I'll definitely make again.
- I should be wearing all my summer dresses and nude shoes one last time before Labor Day, but I'm to that point at the end of the season where I'm over summer clothes and ready for fall. I've been snapping a pic of my outfit in the morning to (a) help me remember what I wore when and (b) have some type of pictures to use for a blog post. Pretty pitiful that the blog has dwindled to this!
- I moved into a new office at work, and Austin helped me hang everything on the walls yesterday afternoon. Never a fun activity, but everything is hung, and I'm thrilled to start the week without random diplomas and certificates leaning up against my desk and walls.
- I am getting super excited to host a baby shower for my friend Katey in October, and I need to blog about some of the plans taking shape for that. The invitations went out recently, and it is just going to be so fun!
And that's about all I've got - goodbye August and hello September! Linking up with Biana for Weekending today.